But when Mark Smith, 59, allegedly tried to rob the bank, the bank manager suggested that what he actually needed to do was take out a loan, and she had him sit down while she said she was going to retrieve the loan paperwork. Instead, she called 911, according to Assistant District Attorney Dave Genochio.
- Darth Bank Robber
- White robber wore lifelike black mask
- English court to try alleged bank robber without jury
- Handcuffed, suspected bank robber eats alleged stick-up note Boing ...
- Bank Robber Uses Craigslist To Hire Unsuspecting Accomplices ...
- Robot inspects bank robber's mouth for bomb
- Bank-robbers' demand notes
- Unhelpful police sketch of masked bank robber
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.