New set of Fela reissues out: "Zombie" (free MP3 download here!)

12 Responses to “New set of Fela reissues out: "Zombie" (free MP3 download here!)”

1. KeithIrwin says:

The judge is really a little harsh on the guy’s choice of costume given that Fela rarely wore a shirt when performing and did actually sometimes perform in something pretty close to underwear. See this video, for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPIZBcb6hQI&NR=1

2. KeithIrwin says:

Knitting Factory Records actually released all of this (and a little more) on mp3 to Amie Street a little over a year ago. I suggested it as a link, but no one posted it. Unfortunately, Amie Street is going to shut down sales in about 4 days due to Amazon acquiring its mp3 store in order to shut it down (Boo!!). But for the little bit while you still can, I would highly advise getting it from Amie Street. They have what is very close to Fela’s complete catalog for less than $1 per track (some of them still less than 50 cents per track). Whereas the Amazon mp3 link above has them for $3 or more per track.

Now, it’s not like $3 is out-of-bounds for a Fela track since they range from about 8 minutes long to 24 minutes long. But still, I know that I’d rather pay less than more, especially since it’s not like buying them at the higher price is going to give Fela more incentive to produce more music given that he’s dead.

• Kragshot says:

I am so sorry that I didn’t know about this site and that it’s going away. There is so much amazing music here, including the Fela collection.

And it’s going to be gone before I can get some money together to go shopping.

Sucks to be me…:(

3. dagfooyo says:

Awww… on first reading I thought that Fela had actually come back AS a zombie in order to record new tracks. That would’ve been awesome. This is still awesome though.

Since the artist is dead, I have no problem downloading free tracks.

• Anonymous says:

Oh oh Anon, from that West African Idol link: “this is obscenity, before the camera” – reality tv imitating Fela’s art and and life in one. Brilliant.

Um, guys, I just bought the album on Amie for 6.93. That’s a fantastic deal considering on Amazon it is $67. Do it guys NOW, before its too late.

6. jmw917 says:

The knitting factory has a very good deal for this collection. $39.99 for both the mp3 and apple lossless. It is $67 for just the mp3 on Amazon.

Is this only reissues or are the tracks also remastered? There’s no coming around that living life without listening to Felas music is to let a fair bit of your ears capacity go to waste. The California Pot Movement should adopt Fela’s track “Expensive Shit” as their official tune.

8. bmcraec says:

Wow… when I glanced at the top poster, I misread the type as “Zombie Felatio”.

Good typography is SO important.

9. palindrome says:

Zombie won’t go unless you tell him to go.

Love this song.