Tamil child star dances with Transformer

27 Responses to “Tamil child star dances with Transformer”

1. Ignatz says:

@Anon: you didn’t catch the animatronic Headless Horseman in the background of that shot? That part of the set looks to be a sort of Haunted Mansion type thing. No disrespect intended. And I never thought Bumblebee could bust moves like that.

2. knoxblox says:

You gotta love India’s brand of appropriation.

Anyway, somebody should drug-test that kid for amphetamines.

3. tyger11 says:

This better be in Transformers 3!

4. scifijazznik says:

Go get ‘em, tiger!

5. mmmmdave says:

A blogger friend of mine has some cultural context for Baby Keerthika: http://desiderata-mumbai.blogspot.com/2010/06/tamil-nadus-very-own-shirley-temple.html

6. Mark Crummett says:

Man, that creeped me out. That is one twisted theme park, and it’s just weird watching a kid that age, boy or girl, doing some of those dance moves.

Cory! You have brought me immense joy by posting this video. Thank you for turning my frown upside down.

8. Ant says:

Transfomer?

9. VoiceUXGuy says:

I get that other cultures are interesting, too. But, bleh. It’s an hysterical sense-assault. Maybe it’s just too much for pre-coffee me.

10. wrybread says:

I for one am extremely glad I wasn’t on any hallucinogens while watching that video.

Krusty: Boy, that just kept on going, didn’t it?

12. hungryjoe says:

The kid is obviously CGI. You can really tell when he’s riding on the transformer’s shoulders.

“Bad ass”? More like terrifying.

I believe it was shot at “Innovative Film City” (http://www.innovativefilmcity.in/index.html) based on the similarity of the “Cartoon City” logo & the presence of a Ripley’s. It would make a lot of sense as a commercial.

15. Jean-Luc Turbo says:

Everything this week is telling me to get my tubes tied.

16. Lester says:

Where was this filmed? Please tell me that there is an American Theme Park themed theme park in India.

Here’s more info on the movie: http://popcorn.oneindia.in/title/5461/kutty-pisasu.html

You beautiful people! This is the trailer for an insane Tamil movie that came out in May. I saw it with a Tamil family in their fantastic NGO built tsunami reconstruction project teapot house in Pottuvil in Eastern Sri Lanka in June. However, their English was as lacking as my Tamil and I never worked out what the film was called though I desperately wanted to watch it again as I remember it being a mash-up of Herbie vs. transformers as filmed in the style of an explotation flick by Jodorowsky, I hope it’s as good on the re-visit…

18. sbarnes2 says:

That little girl is frickin’ ADORABLE! Look at her go! I love this so much.

19. fireinwinter says:

I can’t say that “bad-ass” was the first description that came to mind.

20. jfrancis says:

I’m sick in bed in a hotel room in Mumbai right now. I may have missed last night’s Ganpati Immersion ceremony, but at least I have this

:D

21. igpajo says:

Ok that was wierd.
    Camera work was kind of making me dizzy in parts.

22. Enormo says:

I’m not sure which is creepier; the giant sword-weilding skull-headed zombie or that fucking kid.

We need more music videos like this… some of our “stars” take themselves too seriously and think too much of themselves. I appreciate a video that is zany and makes me smile (yes, yes I know its a little kid, but adults can have fun too).

I think Kutty Pisasu means “Little Monster(vampire or witch?)”. This type of song is common in Tamil cinema and is usually performed by a scantily clad woman in a beer bar but this being a kids’ movie, has been tamed down. The target is the pit/ front benchers who would get up and dance along. The drum beat and pelvic thrusts go along with suggestive lyrics and the woman would be either a bar maid or a gangster’s moll.
    This kid is doing the standard steps and is actually a little girl dressed as a boy as pointed above. Strangely this was a common occurrence and led to gender identity disorders in some stars from the 70s (like the Afghan Baccha Posh article from NYTimes).