Escher-esque watch-dials

15 Responses to “Escher-esque watch-dials”

1. retchdog says:

how appropriate. maybe if he were a real doctor, he could actually build them instead of making mockups.

3. pffft says:

college freshmen around the world delight at something to put up next to their Dalis and Eschers in their dorm rooms.

I love watches; to bad these weren’t real watches as I’d love to add some of these to my collection.

5. nixiebunny says:

I want to see the movements! They must be awfully complex.

To the poster who wrote, “There is something about a plastic surgeon that enjoys manipulating photos in photoshop that frightens me to no end.” Ha! I hadn’t thought of that, but I see what you mean. You’ll have to trust me, I guess, that my *patient* before and afters are the real deal and NOT a manipulation.

Besides, I did these images with Mathmap, not Photoshop, if that puts you at ease.

–DCP

These are great. I don’t understand the plastic surgeon hate, @retchdog.

Very cool. There are some nice (non-photoshopped) clocks at worldclockproject.org

Beautiful!

10. Art says:

Very nicely done illustrations.

It also has great appeal for my obsession with clockworks.

Spacetime considered as an ammonite.

12. skeletoncityrepeater says:

These graphics are lovely, and are well worthy of a wall print. But I would hardly compare them to Escher, and most certainly not Dali (pffft • #4 ). Escher’s work is incredibly complex in execution, and most of his works fall under the category of tesselation or original optical illusion. These mechanical graphics seem like more simple repeating patterns. Dali’s body of work, although broad in spectrum, is untouchable as a whole. And yes, all that stuff looks great on a dorm room wall, but that’s just what trippy art is for, isn’t it?