Simon & Kirby Superheroes anthology preview -- a Boing Boing exclusive

11 Responses to “Simon & Kirby Superheroes anthology preview -- a Boing Boing exclusive”

1. valis says:

Hmmmmmmmmm, Kirby dots!

Reminds me of the plot to Battlefield Earth…

3. teleny says:

No, Danny, the Evil Cat People are still around, thank you. We worship their scouts, the wily Housecats!

4. cinemajay says:

I whole-heartedly endorse this type of 3D!

All your comics are belong to us!

6. EeyoreX says:

So, the story was scripted with 3D effects in mind, and drawn specificaly to be printed in a monocrome/red/green format. And now it´s been re-touched and re-coloured in a deliberatly garish palette, in order to emuate the primitive printing process of 1950?

Then it has not, in any way, been “restored”. I think the word is “remixed”.

It is fun and all, but presenting the comic in this fashion is on the same level of autenticity as a pewter sword at a ren fair.

7. Stefan Jones says:

Of course. We should have known . . . cat people. Goddamned furries, I knew they were evil. And here I thought reptoids were a problem.

8. Chrs says:

Sooo… does that mean there are multiple people of “D”? And the kid may have to find Captains 2D and 1D, in hiding in a line and a point respectively?

Actually I own a copy of Captain 3-D. Great 3-D effect in it but this was nice to see it in 2-D also.

10. Mark Frauenfelder says:

This is similar to Kamandi, too. Just thought of that.

I bought this book about a week ago. It’s beautiful.

Highly recommended for fans of Simon, Kirby, or any classic comic fan. Great stuff. It’s a great companion for Titans other Simon/Kirby book, “The Best of Simon and Kirby.” Bug, bright, colorful pages.

Both books are great. Well done Titan for presenting this material in such a wonderful fashion.