On October 26th, my first novel, Rise Again, comes out. It is about the zombie apocalypse, probably because I design theme parks for a living. I aimed high with the book, hoping to appeal not just to genre fans but general readers, too. But not everybody wants to be seen with a zombie novel. And you can't read a zombie novel in every setting.
Being an artist-writer type, I made these alternate covers to camouflage the book for any situation. With these new, downloadable and printable jackets, readers can enjoy the novel anywhere from church to classroom without fear of obloquy, if not violent death
- Time-lapse of book-cover design
- Jacket design for Mark's new book!
- Pelican book cover design
- Survey and comparison of fantasy novel cover art, 2008/9
- Bad judgment in choice of kids' book cover
- Race and book covers: why is there a white girl on the cover of ...
- Good Show Sir: "only the worst Sci-Fi/Fantasy book covers" - Boing ...
- Cross and Switchblade comic book cover
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.