A new video interpretation of Aphex Twin's "Gwely Mernans"

10 Responses to “A new video interpretation of Aphex Twin's "Gwely Mernans"”

1. jamiethehutt says:

OK taking a break from shopping for a straight razor I came here, put that track on, got bored of watching and still with the music playing I went back to shopping for a razor.

Now I don’t think I want a straight razor any more…

That was your favorite track from a throwaway double album? Vordhosbn FTW

ew. kissing is scrumptious but this is like watching snails slime each other: aphex twin or not, yuck.

4. knoxblox says:

Flavorful hipster love…

5. SimplyAaron says:

You can even make kissing uncomfortable is you add Aphex Twin.

Nobody looks like Richard either which leads me to believe that this is just another great fan vid, Rubber Johnny being my favorite so far.

6. Grey Devil says:

Pretty big fan of Aphex Twins’ videos and this one (unofficial or not) was fairly humdrum and boring.

Slightly NSFW.

He makes eye contact at 3:08 indicating his awareness that they’re being filmed. Of course, we KNOW they would have been aware, but this adds an intriguing hook to the piece of “what’s the story here? what are they thinking? does SHE know?” etc…

8. igpajo says:

Well I liked it.

9. BastardNamban says:

Didn’t picture Xeni listening to Richard D. at all. Strange. Mucho props to you for surprising me.

What else do you listen to? Are you a Boards of Canada fan perhaps?

• Xeni Jardin says:

I have like every album ever by both, yes. I believe I’ve professed my BoC fandom here on the blog many times before. Big fan of creepy experimental ambient/electronic composition, have been for a long time.