"We were all as a group eating outside as we usually do, and this unmarked drab-green helicopter kept flying over and dropping lower," she said. "Of course, the kids got all excited. They were telling me that they could see gun barrels outside the helicopter. I was telling them they were exaggerating."Pot raid at school turns up tomatoes (Thanks, Matt, via Sumitterator!)
After 15 minutes, Pantano said, the helicopter left, then five minutes later a state police officer parked a van in the school's driveway. Pantano said she asked the officer what was happening, but he only would say he was there as a law-enforcement representative.
Then other vehicles arrived and four men wearing bullet-proof vests, but without any visible insignias or uniforms, got out and said they wanted to inspect the school's greenhouses. Pantano said she then turned the men over to the farm director, Greg Nussbaum.
"As we have nothing to hide, you know, they did the tour and they went in the greenhouses and they found it was tomato plants and so that was the story," she said.
- Interview with Mayor about baseless no-knock pot raid
- Los Angeles medical marijuana dispensary bust
- Police raid 79-year-old woman for pot, find tomato plants - Boing ...
- Cops raid house because flowers smelled like pot
- Video of SWAT Raid on Missouri Family
- Poor insulation led to drugs raid on police officer's home - Boing ...
- Congress votes to raid medical marijuana dispensaries
- Penn Jillette on legalizing pot