Johnny Depp staged a cute publicity stunt yesterday, showing up at a south London school where a 9-year-old student had sent him a letter asking for help in staging a mutiny against her teachers:
He said nine-year-old Beatrice had written to Captain Jack, asking him to lead a mutiny against her teachers.Pirate Johnny Depp makes surprise school visit
Depp, 47, has been filming the latest instalment of the franchise in London.
After his arrival, a special school assembly was called and the film star - along with other members of the cast dressed in full costume - walked in.
Depp produced Beatrice's letter and performed for the children for 15 minutes.
But he told the schoolgirl that a mutiny might get them into trouble.
- Bizarre Johnny Depp interview in Japan
- Johnny Depp "Pirates" cookie does not look like Johnny Depp ...
- Johnny Depp in sausage form
- Production stills from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
- Pirates of the Caribbean breakfast cereal, starring Johnny Depp ...
- Keith Richards to play Johnny Depp's dad in next Pirates flick ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.