Chris Carter's Tutti Box sound generator

16 Responses to “Chris Carter's Tutti Box sound generator”

1. David Pescovitz says:

Ah, thanks for the Dave Faris and Arkizzle. The hyperreal quality of the video is really nice. Warmly weird. : )

I thought that the cat generated the best sound.

The machine is very attractive, the sounds not so much.

Perhaps Cosey might consider learning to play a theremin?

3. zeebeezee says:

Awesome, I want one. Wish I could make it to the upcoming shows..

4. skeletoncityrepeater says:

“Chris & Cosey” was not an industrial music group. Also, that box is probably the coolest minimal synthesizer I have ever seen. So cool.

5. Maddy says:

have you heard of the DeWan Bros.? Pals of They Might Be Giants and others (they did the cover art work for TMBG’s Lincoln). They have a Dewonatron and did a gig at Spaceland in LA which included Geggy-Tah’s Tommy Jodan:

and here’s what it looks like:

6. Maddy says:

“Jordan.” Tommy Jordan. Can I please type one entry anywhere without a glaring spelling mistake? Proper names error meant an “F” in Journalism school …

7. zeebeezee says:

Oh come on, lets not be nitpicky (re Chris and Cosey Industrial)

8. flappy says:

No, let’s nitpick the nitpickers. In this article the phrase “industrial music group” (singular, not plural) modified “Throbbing Gristle” not “Chris & Cosey”. No claim whatsoever was made on defining the stylings of Chris & Cosey or Carter Tutti.

In other news, I declare the Tutti Box to be delicious.

9. Freddie Freelance says:

Talented musically, electronically, and artistically, too; that piece has some beautiful wood outside, a well chosen selection of external parts, and well laid-out controls. But I did have to stop myself from sniggering at the headline.

10. Dave Faris says:

So what did they do to make that video look like it did? Sort of retro other-worldly? Over exposed, and with a non-normal color balance, I’m guessing, among other things.

Is that a standard British project enclosure box? I have a Mark V E-Meter that I bought in a thrift store that has a near identical case (tho it is a bit more shallow). The proportions are right tho.

12. robulus says:

It sounds exactly like it looks. In fact it kind of creates a soundtrack to its own use. What a beautiful little thing.

13. bill piltdown says:

This box is amazing. Absolutely cool dissonance.
    For those interested, here’s a video of Throbbing Gristle performing What A Day at their soundcheck in San Francisco last year:

Please tell me about Peter, My tears are falling like mercury.