Rick Ross, A long time fan who had made items in homage to Blade Runner before, has been working on a chess set and table in the style of the one that was owned by J.F Sebastian in the film for the past 2 years. Recently he completed a crate for the set that is also in the spirit of the film. One of Rick's prototype sets also was purchased by Adam Savage last spring.Sebastian's Immortal Game (Thanks, Andy!)
It is an amazing work of art since all the chess pieces were sculpted from scratch by Rick based on HD screen captures of the film, and a poor copy of the set sold in the UK. Interestingly I later found an original copy of the chess set myself after years of searching, but not until after Rick had finished his sculpts. It amazes me how close he got to the original, and how much character he gave it himself. It shows what a true artist this guy really is.
- Blade Runner LEGO Spinner Car: Syd Mead with Joel Johnson - Boing ...
- Interview with Ridley Scott, Blade Runner: The Final Cut
- Adam Savage: my Blade Runner gun
- Blade Runner tribute: "Bladerunner revisited >3.6 gigapixels ...
- I love Bladerunner, therefore I require these t-shirts.
- Blade Runner LEGO
- Ridley Scott discussing Harrison Ford as Deckard in Blade Runner ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.