I made an Astronaut Costume this year. My Spacesuit includes a working movable visor, in-helmet lighting, magnetically attached "air-hoses", and a spacepack with built in speakers for my iPod to play some spacejams.
The helmet is made of papier mache, bondo, and an old wetsuit. The spacepack is made of cardboard and includes an old boombox I took apart to fit inside. The rest is a painter's suit, some gloves, and custom shoes.
- Open thread: your DIY Hallowe'en costumes?
- DIY Hallowe'en: "Nest" Mask
- DIY Hallowe'en: Robocop Kid Costume
- Homemade Hobbit Feet for Hallowe'en
- DIY Hallowe'en Costumes: Ghost Rider Johnny Angel
- DIY Hallowe'en: William Shakespeare
- DIY Hallowe'en: Minotaur
- DIY Hallowe'en: Edward Scissorhands
- DIY Hallowe'en: Mad Magazine Mascot Alfred E. Newman
- DIY Hallowe'en: Little Ewoks and AT-ST (Star Wars)
- DIY Hallowe'en: Swedish Chef
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.