I made a Bender costume for my eldest, who is 8 years old. He sees it as a great excuse to run around shouting "Bite my shiny metal ass!" Aww...Flickr set is here.
The cigar is stuck on with a magnet, so is detachable. Took a couple of weeks all in. We've been distracting drivers and causing accidents today. Fun!
- Open thread: your DIY Hallowe'en costumes?
- DIY Hallowe'en: "Nest" Mask
- DIY Hallowe'en: Robocop Kid Costume
- Homemade Hobbit Feet for Hallowe'en
- DIY Hallowe'en Costumes: Ghost Rider Johnny Angel
- DIY Hallowe'en: William Shakespeare
- DIY Hallowe'en: Minotaur
- DIY Hallowe'en: Edward Scissorhands
- DIY Hallowe'en: Mad Magazine Mascot Alfred E. Newman
- DIY Hallowe'en: Little Ewoks and AT-ST (Star Wars)
- DIY Hallowe'en: Swedish Chef
- DIY Hallowe'en: Astronaut
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: email@example.com.