From the Boing Boing DIY costume thread, a get-up rich with hipster irony.
Boing Boing reader and dad William Dikel writes in to tell us,
"Gabe Dikel is a creative artist/painter/filmmaker living in Brooklyn. In a sudden flash of creativity, he saw himself as a Che T-shirt, and with the help of his brother, a piece of cardboard and some orange and black paint: Voila! Everyone wanted to wear him, as is illustrated in these pics."
- Open thread: your DIY Hallowe'en costumes?
- DIY Hallowe'en: "Nest" Mask
- DIY Hallowe'en: Robocop Kid Costume
- Homemade Hobbit Feet for Hallowe'en
- DIY Hallowe'en Costumes: Ghost Rider Johnny Angel
- DIY Hallowe'en: William Shakespeare
- DIY Hallowe'en: Minotaur
- DIY Hallowe'en: Edward Scissorhands
- DIY Hallowe'en: Mad Magazine Mascot Alfred E. Newman
- DIY Hallowe'en: Little Ewoks and AT-ST (Star Wars)
- DIY Hallowe'en: Swedish Chef
- DIY Hallowe'en: Astronaut
- DIY Hallowe'en: Bender
- DIY Halowe'en: Laika come home
- DIY Hallowe'en: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange and alleged source Bradley Manning
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.