Pastafarians Represented at Sanity/Fear Rally

20 Responses to “Pastafarians Represented at Sanity/Fear Rally”

1. C White says:

Also I don’t see how anyone selecting photos looking through the same photostream could not choose this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimberlyfaye/5131418466/in/set-72157625149476599/ By far the best typography I’ve seen on any signs thus far.

haven’t smiled at the FSM rhetoric for some time.

great post, made me smile :) (obviously)

3. RHK says:

#67 made me snort coffee out of my nose.

4. Lis Riba says:

Best typography seen was “Graphic Designers for Bipartisanship”

I also spotted “God Hates Times New Roman”

5. ADavies says:

I still think the pastafarian gag is funny – along with “Charles Darwin has a posse”. They’ll be funny as long as it takes to restore some sanity.

6. Morrigan says:

I spotted this FSM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/morrigansylvan/5129647732/ in front of the National Archive on Saturday.

7. vwzzz says:

Heh wasnt it divisive rhetoric like this that essentially ridicules religion that the Rally was supposed to be against?

• nemryn says:

No, the rally’s against divisive over-reactions to fun rhetoric like this.

Pastafarianism isn’t ‘ridicul[ing] religion’, either; it ridicules the political/educational movement of creationism. Creationists claim that it isn’t religiously-motivated at all, but the only hypothesis they offer just happens to match up perfectly with the Christian god.

• vwzzz says:

Heh I guess the FSM just seems like a tired old joke to me that has lasted way too long..and been adopted by way too many.

It may have initially been to ridicule the teaching of creationism in school, but has been rallied behind by atheists to poke fun at Christian belief.

8. Lis Riba says:

We were there and saw 2 people independently wearing fullsize FSM costumes, plus a woman in a knit-or-crocheted FSM hat.

9. Lis Riba says:

I also saw signs of many other internet memes among the crowds: Several Antoine Dodson -ish messages, two xkcd/Wikipedia [citation needed] signs, a Mooninite with “1/31/07 Never Forget”, LOLspeak,
    “Repeal Rule 34!”, several signs honoring the hypnotoad…

10. ackpht says:

Most of these signs are great, but I didn’t LOL until I hit #40.

11. C White says:

Photo #13 was my favorite in that series. I actually was a little disappointed with much of their ‘top 100 list.’

Here’s a great Father Ted reference not in the top 100: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimberlyfaye/5129125061/