Today Is a Good Day to Edit

12 Responses to “Today Is a Good Day to Edit”

1. Rhonan says:

To not comment one’s code brings great dishonor to one’s family. As to fearing our code, only weaklings ship buggy code.

To another user: what is this Emacs you speak of? A Klingon warrior only uses vi.

2. tyger11 says:

“Smile when you run the gagh.”
    - Ancient Klingon software development proverb

Yes, you could totally use BBEdit.
    Or, you could just take the existing translations of Shakespeare to Klingon that were recently performed at the Washington Shakespeare Company by George Takei… http://wapo.st/a0FufX

What does Ngech mean? I couldn’t find it in a Klingon dictionary…

5. Griffin says:

Eh, I like Notepad++ the best of all the ones I’ve used, but vim is pretty good today. Never understand the appeal of emacs. Blegh.

6. frijole says:

My program just dumped Sto’Vo’Kor!

I’m so amused. That’s my friend’s car. And, not surprisingly, she was involved in this:

A quick Google search says “ngech” is Klingon for “valley” or “woman’s cleavage.” Can someone who knows Klingon confirm?

9. Alpha Omicron says:

I’ll confirm that ngech means valley literally, or cleavage metaphorically.

10. mdl4 says:

I turn to BBEdit for all my editing needs it’s great! The functionality is advanced. The performance, bar none. That’s why it’s the leading professional HTML and text editor for the Macintosh! Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides an abundance of high-performance features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text.

What a great product and a great advertisement. Klingons haha!

11. tylerkaraszewski says:

Sometimes I feel like the last Vim user in a sea of Emacs users. And apparently the occasional BBEdit person.