26 Responses to “During mass "Devil Attack," at school in Trinidad, Satan demands to go to the toilet”

1. Ugly Canuck says:

In one corner of the ring: the supernatural.

In the opposite corner: the necessities of nature.

Who will win?
    Which shall triumph?

Place your bets now!

2. cjp says:

Reminds me of the LSD-laced bread incident in France in 1951. CIA in that case, but isn’t there a psychedelic mold that can occur naturally?

3. Chrs says:

A strict teacher. 19 schoolgirls who REALLY have to pee.

A plan is concocted!

4. gwailo_joe says:

“If all your friends started rolling on the ground and speaking in tongues, would you do it TOO?”

5. Waffles says:

Zombie attack. I can’t be the only one hoping that this is a zombie outbreak.

6. singrum says:

mom, you’re really starting to embarrass me.

7. Flying Trilobite says:

The comments on the article are really interesting. A real culture clash between believers and non-believers.

• Toby says:

I don’t see any believers commenting, but I take you mean something along the lines of ‘The newspaper that reported this wasn’t in fact yukking it up, but instead considered the incident to be both demonic and newsworthy.’ Meanwhile, all of us jaded netizens reject the possession of schoolgirls by scatalogical fiends as obvious nonsense, and laugh at anyone who thinks otherwise. So much for credo quia absurdum est…

8. myke says:

I guess you see what you want to see,

FTA: what this guy saw,
    Mollineau claimed he actually communicated with the “devil which had possessed the girl. “I asked the Devil what he wanted with the girls and the voice said he wanted a life. He kept saying to send the girls in the toilet and to leave them alone,” Mollineau claimed.

How I see it, “Devil!?, what the… Get a life!, I’m sick. Leave me the f— alone and let me go to the bathroom!”

9. geekd says:

Sounds like Four Loko to me.

10. Avram / Moderator says:

Being the Devil must be a tougher job than I thought, if he’s gotta go through all that trouble just to get a bathroom break.

• social_maladroit says:

How would you feel if you didn’t have a corporeal body and needed to pee really bad?

• 3lbFlax says:

Oh, I’ve been there during a particularly eventful session of, um, exploration. Basically I’d arrived at the conclusion that the physical world was simply a construct of my mind, and as such little more than a distraction from the Important Stuff. Then I had to wee, but quick as a flash I decided that this was just a hangover from my years of physical illusion, and all I needed to do was think I was weeing to dispel this bad habit. And, long story short, that’s why I pissed all over the couch. What I did on the kitchen floor requires a more detailed explanation.

from the photo comment “One of the Pentecostal pastors leaves the school after he prayed with the students yesterday.”

mystery solved

12. ill lich says:

A conversation I had with a Mormon once:

Me: “Do you believe in the Devil?”

Mormon: “Yes, of course.”

Me: “Not me, I believe in GOD!”

Mormon: “well, that’s not what I meant by believe. . . ”

If you believe in demons you will see them everywhere. “My computer crashed, it is infected with demons! Quick, get the Holy Water!”

I like that second comment in the article: “To all those so called educated people who babbling nonsense about science May God have mercy on your souls. ”

13. tubacat says:

The comments by the readers of the paper in the community are, indeed, the best part of it.

Except for the name of one of the officials who responded, acting Assistant Divisional Fire Officer, Ramdeo Boodoo…

Do these people not have drugs or inebriation in their culture, or is the division between such and the embodiment of pure devil merely that weak?

~D. Walker

15. desiredusername says:

Thats how they do flash mobs in trinidad and/or tobago

I’ve GOT to get me some of that Blackout in a Can.

Look out for d goat wearin ah gold chain!

18. sic transit gloria C.F.A. says:

Wow, this is just pathetic. Students start rolling around on the ground and all these morons can think is “OMG demonic possession!” Makes the USA look sane in comparison. We may be overflowing with credulity and pseudoscience here but at least we know when it’s time to call for a bloody doctor.