Judge John Hodgman: the podcast

13 Responses to “Judge John Hodgman: the podcast”

1. Grognard says:

Mark mentioned the New Yorker Fiction podcast so I want to throw this out there.. Am I the only one who thinks Deborah Treisman has really horrible taste in fiction?

That said, Film Spotting is another great podcast if you’re a film geek.

I have a hard time not seeing him as Louis Green.

3. bklynchris says:

Last week, after having caught up on all of my Moth and This American Life episodes I ran across Hodgeman’s podcast. But linked to that was an even juicier podcast, Marc Maron’s “WTF”. Comedian’s comedian interviewing comedians. Especially poignant was his interview with Louis CK as to why their 20 year friendship came to an impasse, and more mind blowing was his interview with Jonathan Ames and their discussion of the purpose of fetish sex in our time.

Oh, and as an added bonus in the intro to the Louis CK interview was his telling of an UNBELIEVABLE story about sitting next to the Chair of the GOP during 2nd Bush Admin who later came out, on a cross country flight in Business Class. He starts tweeting while in flight including a picture of him with his bare tit hovering over a sleeping Melman. While INFLIGHT, Gawker picks it up! general anxiety provoking mayhem follows….. Definite, “I am making pies and my bitchass in laws are coming over for Thanksgiving” easy listening.

4. brianary says:

“So bears are robots…!”

5. Jesse Thorn says:

Anon: I would say that you know the future, because that was (SPOILER ALERT) Judge John Hodgman’s ruling.

I would say chili is a stew not a soup, but then again what do I know?

Man tells a waiter, “there’s a needle in my soup.” Waiter says “Sorry sir, that’s a typographical error. It’s supposed to be a noodle.”

7. Jesse Thorn says:

And Weatherman: I love you too.

8. dculberson says:

Mark, only had time to listen to one while making dinner, but man that was amusing. I listened to the soap one. Very dry yet very good. Thanks for the tip, hope he keeps making these.

(“Do you have other sink opportunities in your home?”)

9. weatherman says:

I’m a big fan of Hodgeman, but any show ranked with Sound of Young America immediately shoots to the bottom of my list. That has to be one of the worst shows on NPR, and I’m including Prairie Home Companion. I’ll stay away from Judge John Hodgeman if for no other reason than I would be constantly afeared that Jesse Thorn might break in to an a capaella rendition of “maximum fun”. My ears bleed every time I hear that song.

• devophill says:

You don’t have much to be afeared of as far as the song goes, they haven’t used that as the opening tune in quite a while. Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard Jesse sing anything at all. (Which is more than you can say for Keillor.)

Pretty sure Jesse’s demographic is people. “Young” America isn’t meant to be taken literally.

11. oheso says:

RUR reference FTW!

“And these robots could turn against us.” OMG …