• The U.S. embassy in Moscow explained the arrangements in Russia like so: Vladimir Putin is Batman and Dmitry Medvedev is Robin
• Italian foreign minister Franco Frattini described the leaks as "the September 11th of world diplomacy
• The Daily Mail says that the leaks include an 'unflattering assessment' of the governing coalition
in the U.K. The U.S. administration holds it in low regard
, says the BBC.
• The BBC also reports that Wikileaks remains down due to an ongoing denial of service attack
• The White House has fresh condemnation
of the disclosures.
• El Pais writes that the U.S. is keeping a close eye on Turkey's 'Islamist' leader Erdogan and believes he has a hidden agenda
• Der Spiegel reports that the U.S. has an extensive network of spies in the German government
that kept it up to speed on Angela Merkel's coalition negotiations. It sees an emergent worldview in the cables
• More from El Pais
: Berlusconi has wild parties, Chavez is isolated, and Gadaffi is worried about fine lines and wrinkles.
26 years ago.
Bonobo (aka Simon Green) just released this beautiful new music video for the track “Bambro Koyo Ganda” from his album Migration out now on Ninja Tune. The track features Innov Gnawa, a fantastic Moroccan music collective formed in New York City. Stylewar directed the clip. Bonobo is currently on tour around the US and Europe.
Brainiac was a fantastic experimental indie band that emerged from the 1990s Dayton, Ohio music scene that gave us Guided by Voices, The Breeders, and other great post-punk, no wave, and noise pop groups. Growing up in Cincinnati, Ohio, I caught many of Brainiac’s crazed live shows in the area. (Bassist Juan Monasterio went to […]
Bamboo has lots of uses beyond just being panda food. Things like bikes, roads, scaffolding, and musical instruments are made from the fast-growing grass. But unless you are participating in a tropical-themed LARP, you probably wouldn’t want a shirt made from bamboo stalks. So why do bamboo bed sheets make any sense? Because yarn extracted from […]
If you want to work in tech, but don’t have any desire to code web apps to help businesses sell things to other business, you might want to consider a career in cybersecurity. Judging from the apparent complete infiltration of Russian hackers in American cyberspace, it seems fair to speculate that there’s a major shortage of […]
All moms are different. But all moms like getting flowers on Mother’s Day, and that’s a fact (not, however a fact we can document in any fashion.) Instead of getting chewed out for forgetting to call her on the second Sunday of May, you can take care of it ahead of time with Teleflora’s flower […]