• The U.S. embassy in Moscow explained the arrangements in Russia like so: Vladimir Putin is Batman and Dmitry Medvedev is Robin
• Italian foreign minister Franco Frattini described the leaks as "the September 11th of world diplomacy
• The Daily Mail says that the leaks include an 'unflattering assessment' of the governing coalition
in the U.K. The U.S. administration holds it in low regard
, says the BBC.
• The BBC also reports that Wikileaks remains down due to an ongoing denial of service attack
• The White House has fresh condemnation
of the disclosures.
• El Pais writes that the U.S. is keeping a close eye on Turkey's 'Islamist' leader Erdogan and believes he has a hidden agenda
• Der Spiegel reports that the U.S. has an extensive network of spies in the German government
that kept it up to speed on Angela Merkel's coalition negotiations. It sees an emergent worldview in the cables
• More from El Pais
: Berlusconi has wild parties, Chavez is isolated, and Gadaffi is worried about fine lines and wrinkles.
It’s been seven years since we previewed Theft: A History of Music, a comic book that explains the complicated history of music, borrowing, control and copyright, created by a dynamic duo of witty copyright law professors from Duke University as a followup to the greatest law-comic ever published: the book was due out years ago, but the untimely and tragic death of illustrator Keith Aoki delayed it — until today.
Announced today: So It Is, a new album of Cuban-inspired jazz from the monumentally amazing Preservation Hall Jazz Band (previously), due out on April 21. Available today: Santiago, an instrumental track from the album that will MAKE YOU DANCE.
In 1965 the Sonics were on the road to punk rock.
Although there will never be a consensus about the best way to make coffee, any coffee connoisseur will agree that controlling the grind of your beans and balancing water temperature are the keys to a tasty cup. Since your plastic coffee pot doesn’t really allow for that kind of customization, going back to the French […]
Not all hackers are malicious information thieves—white-hat ethical hackers work with technology companies to ensure the security of their computer systems and user data. With all of today’s high-profile data breaches, ethical hackers are in considerable demand. To learn these critical skills and break into the high-paying cyber security field, try taking the courses in this […]
Making people aware of goods and services in the digital age requires an array of new strategies from social media and email to number-crunching tools like Google Analytics. To get a handle on the techniques used to capture attention and convert traffic into dollars in a crowded online environment, the Full-Stack Marketer Bundle offers 22 hours of training to get […]