published details of the Wikileaks' diplomatic cable cache early, the New York Times
has also gone live with some coverage. It reports that the documents amount to a 'huge sampling' of daily traffic between the U.S. State Department and embassies abroad. Among the revelations:
• There is a secret standoff with Pakistan
over highly enriched uranium, which the U.S. fears could be 'diverted' to build 'illicit' nuclear weapons.
• There's a plan for unifying Korea
after the North collapses, and China's in on it.
• Guantanamo Bay's closure is mired in shifty cash deals
with foreign governments to take prisoners. Also, the Afghan government is corrupt
, plus ca change.
• Hacking! The Chinese government has owned Google
, the Dalai Lama, "American businesses," and more!
• Saudi Arabia pays for the terrorism and Qatar sucks at counterterrorism.
• Our spies have learned that Vladimir Putin and Silvio Berlusconi have some kind of weird bromance going on
involving 'lavish gifts' and 'lucrative energy contracts.' Silvio is essentially acting as Putin's man in the EU.
• His power in Russia is absolute, but the bureaucracy there is so epic it allows Putin to be 'ignored.'
• The U.S.is failing to prevent Syria arming Hezbollah
• The U.S. 'warned' Germany not to arrest CIA agents
who bungled a rendition and kidnapped an innocent German citizen.
Norma McCorvey, the anonymous “Jane Roe” in the landmark abortion case Roe v. Wade, has died.
“Peace through strength,” Donald Trump said to reporters today in a rambling, aggressive, monologue news conference that lasted 77 minutes. Trump rattled on in circular patterns about plans to “build and rebuild” the “great” military and law enforcement. He dodged questions on Flynn, Obamacare, leaked reports of turmoil within the administration, and expressed outrage at […]
Trump’s pick for Labor Secretary is reported to be withdrawing his name from consideration.
DJI is the world’s leading designer and producer of easy-to-fly drones and aerial photography systems. If you’re a drone enthusiast, you want a DJI. If you know absolutely nothing about drones and think they’re weird, if you win a DJI you’re going to become a drone enthusiast.Enter this giveaway (for free, yes) and you’ll get a […]
Although there will never be a consensus about the best way to make coffee, any coffee connoisseur will agree that controlling the grind of your beans and balancing water temperature are the keys to a tasty cup. Since your plastic coffee pot doesn’t really allow for that kind of customization, going back to the French […]