Urban prankster/artist Mark Jenkins, whose terrific work -- from "sleeping" mannequins to tape babies dropped on the sidewalk -- we've featured on BB many times, has created miniature versions of his "Flowersigns" modified street signs (above left). The models (above right) are 3 x 3 x 6.5 inches and handmade from aluminum soldered to a steel rod in a cement base. Only 50 signed/numbered signs are available, at $75 each.
- Mark Jenkins: homeless polar bears art prank
- Fake "living statue" prank by Mark Jenkins
- Urban prankster Mark Jenkins art show in Hollywood
- "Sleeping" mannequins in public by Mark Jenkins
- Mark Jenkins's Meter Pops street installation
- Mark Jenkins' Tape Babies
- Mark Jenkins casts a human head in packing tape
- Mark Jenkins's Traffic-Go-Round
David Pescovitz is Boing Boing's co-editor/managing partner. He's also a research director at Institute for the Future. On Instagram, he's @pesco.
MORE: Art and Design