Gingerbread house Fenway Park

10 Responses to “Gingerbread house Fenway Park”

1. waltbosz says:

If you’re from the Philly area (or if you’re a ginger bread house fan in general), you might want to check out the two ginger bread models made of Eastern State Penitentiary.

2. irksome says:

Further proof that Jesus does indeed hate the Yankees.

3. wgmleslie says:

Also came to declare my love for the New England Confectionery Company.

Wintergreen and Clove rule!

yankees suck, yankees suck

what a great project!!!!!!!!!

5. narrowstreetsLA says:

NECCO WAFERS!!!
    I remember riding my bike past the Necco factory back when it was on Mass Ave and smelling the wonderful goodness coming from within. Fenway really needs to put huge wafers on their roof one time for real.

This looks great! Now they just need to fill it with drunken Massholes.

7. drewstarr says:

As a 12 year resident of the fenway/kenmore square neighborhood, this is almost perfect. I just can’t figure out what those evil wafers are supposed to represent structurally and must conclude they were added just to make sure no one would try to eat this otherwise awesome structure.

My undergraduate university was located immediately next to the old NECCO factory. They geared up for the valentine’s candy heart season around the same time fall semester finals were held in the gymnasium near the factory. To this day, the smell of NECCO wafers or candy hearts brings back feelings of text anxiety.

I do love their Thin Mints though — no, not the girl scout cookies, but these chocolate mints that are essentially thin versions of york peppermint patties. Not entirely unlike the After Eight brand, but better.

The factory closed about 7 years now, iirc. NECCO consolidated in cheaper environs and probably made a mint (ZING!) when they sold it to Novartis and moved out near the airport.

8. Bart says:

As a Red Sox fan and a life long Masshole, I Love it. The seats on that one look to be about the same size as the real seats in Fenway Park…

(My 5 year old son says the only thing missing is a green gummy bear Wally).

Nice touch using the Necco wafers. Showing that New England love.

I’ll add my “the only thing missing” comment. The only thing missing is young women in pink Sox hats playing with their cell phones while ignoring the game.