Zombie survival roguelike

12 Responses to “Zombie survival roguelike”

1. Daemon says:

Has anyone made a zombie survival game where you’re a lone mindless zombie facing off against a horde of epicly armed, intelligent, fast humans?

• JadedLion says:

@Daemon: You can start as a zombie in this game. =) You can also come back to life as your -own- zombie if you succumb to the gnashing teeth of the undead.

@Harrkev: I found the game hard at first, but I grokked the pattern within a few games, and have been steadily getting better. (I’ve played about 10 games) Hardcore roguelikes aren’t my thing, but this hit a sweet spot I didn’t know was there.

2. JadedLion says:

I hate to disagree with you folks, but I don’t play nethack because of the ascii madness. Same reason I didn’t play Dwarf Fortress initially, either.

This game actually got me interested in roguelikes again!

3. Ambiguity says:

Yes, but how does it compare to nethack?

• Jonathan Badger says:

I’m pretty sure anyone remotely interested in playing a new roguelike like this has played Nethack and Angband to death already.

4. kc0bbq says:

Graphical tiles ruin roguelikes!

Windows only. Feh.

Rob,

You owe me one new pair of underwear and a keyboard.

// M.C

ps.
    I will now have to test this in Wine. Shall I send further bills to you or BoingBoing?
    ds.

7. Donald Petersen says:

Holy crap.

I had no idea what y’all meant by the term “roguelike” so I checked the ol’ Wikipedia. The illustration showed a screen from some unnamed example that looked for all the world like something I played on my brother’s Kaypro II back in Reagan’s first term. I hadn’t seen it since.

You guys threw me back into junior high for a few minutes there…

It’s written in .net. Of course it doesn’t friggin’ work in wine… And it’ll probably never get a non-windows release because of it as well. Darmn it…

// M.C

9. pKp says:

Tested it a few months ago, it’s nice. The randomly-moving other humans act a little too weirdly, that was my main quibble. I’ll check if he fixed that in the latest release…

10. Harrkev says:

Meh. My opinion is that nethack-like games are insanely difficult for casual players. In Angband, it is quite easy to get killed by a room of jellies on even the earliest levels.