Yale's Elizabeth Stark sez, "Who says digital freedom nerds can't rap? My students recently released a modern sequel to "Don't Copy That Floppy," with geek references galore:"
My homie Seth Schoen wrote a CSS haiku,Don't Mess with that CSS (feat. B-Rad) (Thanks, Elizabeth!)
He threw some writtens down like a verbal tycoon.
(MCss: Huh, Programming, poetic? Man that's pathetic!)
[MC++]: Man, if you'z smarter you'd listen to my rhetoric.
Now the Curse has been lifted and the Power has shifted,
we're unLocking the content you greedy Fuckers encrypted.
Oh, what was that? Your DRM has been breached? (THAT'S RIGHT)
And you can't do shit, cuz my Code is free speech
Put yo' hands up in the air for generativity,
Creativity in code is expressive novelty,
Sorry b, if I offended you, you will soon see,
that the tides are shifting for expressive technology.
- Don't Copy That Floppy sequel promises prison beatings for copying ...
- Don't Copy That Floppy! - Boing Boing
- The best engineering recruitment video you will watch all year ...
- Finnish record industry's regrettable new anti-piracy mascot ...
- Video: Computer Chronicles on diagnostic software (1992) - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.