Whomever currently owns the much-passed-around "Commodore USA" corporate trademarks is shipping a modern Commodore 64 clone ("It's back... and better than ever! The new Commodore 64 is a modern functional PC as close to the original in design as humanly possible. It houses a modern mini-ITX PC motherboard featuring a Dual Core 525 Atom processor and the latest Nvidia Ion2 graphics chipset. It comes in the original taupe brown/beige color, with other colors to follow.").
Pretty high-spec for a C64! They're doing more colors soon, It looks like they're also planning a bunch of other retro-PCs: some Amigas, a Phoenix, and some alternate-universe high-end Commodore products from a timeline in which the original company didn't go belly up.
- Comrade Commodore Unicorn - Boing Boing
- Commodore 64 unboxing - Boing Boing
- Commodore 64 laptop - Boing Boing
- Nigerian Letter scammer convinced to carve replica Commodore 64 ...
- Twitter comes to the Commodore 64 - Boing Boing
- Commodore netbook doesn't contain SID chip - Boing Boing
- Vintage Commodore 64 porn. Link - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Turn WordPress blogs into Commodore 64s
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.