TRON Guy on open source, DIY ethos, & plans for a suit sequel

14 Responses to “TRON Guy on open source, DIY ethos, & plans for a suit sequel”

1. bat21 says:

He should definitely make a new suit. Black leather is a lot more “forgiving” than white spandex.

I remember his appearances on Jimmy Kimmel. One episode, one of the other guests was Quentin Tarantino. After a commercial break, Kimmel was laughing, saying “I don’t believe it. Tarantino knows more about TRON than the TRON guy!”

• jmaynard says:

Tarantino’s a real geek, and I say that as a tribute. So’s Jimmy, for that matter. The question Tarantino asked was “What TV series did Cindy Morgan and Bruce Boxleitner star in after TRON?” The answer: Bring ‘Em Back Alive.

While we were sitting on the side of the stage listening to Lenny Kravitz play at the end of the program, Tarantino leaned over and told Jimmy I was the most uncool person he’d met. I took that as a compliment.

2. Nelson.C says:

Hey, Tron Guy’s a real person, not just a funny picture on the intawebz, who’da thunk it? High-five, Jay, and Merry Christmas to you. Can’t wait to see the new Tron suit.

3. irksome says:

It’s good to know he brown-bags his own lunch.

4. jaytkay says:

He comes across as a nice, reasonable guy with relevant knowledge and opinions. Weird!

5. Church says:

I would pay cash money for a poster-sized print of that image.

6. Rob Beschizza says:

Great interview, Andrea!

Jay Maynard lives three doors down from my in-laws. Nobody there seems to know who he is also the Tron guy. My geeky kids wish he would would come outside when they are visiting their grandparents so they could see him in person.

8. Jack says:

I like this guy a lot. He’s awesome! He comes off like the old-school computer folks I knew back when I went to small “mom and pop” computer stores back in the 1980s.

9. MelSkunk says:

Known this guy for, what, 10 years? We were all pretty amused when he became a web sensation. They got his accent wrong on South Park though. We all kinda hoped he’d get a cameo in the movie, but I guess maybe next time :) And there’s always photoshop

10. holtt says:

He definitely deserved a cameo in my book.