Some anonymous genius has been postering my neighborhood in east London with satirical posters featuring headlines from the "Evening Standrd" (sic) (the Evening Standard is a ubiquitous London tabloid freesheet). So far, I've spotted four of them (along with this possibly related Daily Mail parody). I don't know who's behind it, but they've got my vote for God-Emperor of British Media.
- UK newspaper headlines of Sept 12, 2001 - Boing Boing
- Newspaper headlines of Obama election win, Nov. 5 2008 - Boing Boing
- Obama Inauguration Newspaper Headlines - Boing Boing
- Sensationalist London newspaper headline - Boing Boing
- London Evening Standard headline generator - Boing Boing
- Irish journalism's trenchant criticism of govt bailout plans ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.