Grace Jones singing "Little Drummer Boy" to Pee Wee Herman

25 Responses to “Grace Jones singing "Little Drummer Boy" to Pee Wee Herman”

1. Angus Dunican says:

@noahpoah

I think she was actually meant to go to the white house if I remember correctly. As a child, this confused me. Don’t get me wrong, I WANT to live in a universe where the president has Grace Jones mailed to him for Christmas…but how good is the Whitehouse when it comes to receiving mysterious crates?

There’s every chance that she’d end up screaming for hep that will never come indie the warehouse with Ark.

2. nixiebunny says:

The look on Pee Wee’s face says, “Man, this is great!”

I used to watch Pee Wee’s Playhouse when I was a kid. I remember seeing this and thinking “hey, it’s that crazy woman from ‘Conan.’ I bet she beats-up Pee Wee when the song is over.”

Grace Jones is the only woman I consider to be really cool, surprisingly surreal and just a little bit scary all at the same time. I like her.

4. kyfho23 says:

And it’s probably one of Grace Jones’ LEAST weird performances.

5. pjcamp says:

Oh my! That was real?

I thought it was the brown acid.

6. TenInchesTaller says:

Did anyone else spend the rest of their night making hats like the one Grace is wearing?
    Absolutely fabulous.

7. Suburbancowboy says:

You can watch the entire Christmas Special for free on Peewee.com

In regards to the HBO special, HBO is going to film the Broadway show that Pee-Wee has been doing. I went during preview week, and it was fantastic.

The plot and many of the jokes are similar to the original Pee-Wee Herman Show special which aired on HBO many years ago. If you have a chance to see it before it closes on Broadway, do it! You will not be disappointed.
    When the curtains opened, it felt like you were inside the playhouse. It was so bright and all of the puppets were alive! One of my top moments of 2010 for sure.

8. noahpoah says:

I’m not sure how I missed it last night, but “White House, Washington, DC” is clearly visible on the crate during the song.

Actually, I suppose I do know how I missed it. I was watching Grace Jones instead of the crate.

9. Charangoid says:

I remember working with the others that year, preparing for a Joey Ramone solo show he was putting on with many special guests. I was drawing the poster for it. Joey made us all break to watch this Pee Wee Herman Christmas Special. Joey laughed so hard at pee Wee that at one point, he almost fell off his chair and two guys caught him! Thanks for posting this video, it brings back good memories of punk rock Christmases past.

10. Ant says:

Nice music! I wished it was longer. Is there one?

11. jokel says:

She dances like the Diva from the Fifth Element… or is it the other way around?

12. cstatman says:

Pee Wee’s Playhouse was the most awesome show. We used to party and grill all night, and then fight to stay up JUST to see it the next morning. 1986 was AWESOME

13. PaulR says:

I always thought that BBT’s Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., was Pee Wee Herman’s illegitemate child.

/articifial insemination, no doubt

14. nigelstwin says:

And Sesame Street kicked Katy Perry off?!

Kids today are soft!

You know the saying “freaks of a feather…”

16. endymion says:

Just one of the many shocking things in this video is the harmonic change to minor 4, instead of the usual major 4, on “pa rum pum pum pum”. The 80′s: is there anything they didn’t do?

17. noahpoah says:

If I’m remembering correctly, this bit ends with the realization that Grace Jones was supposed to be delivered (in the crate there, which she comes out of at the beginning of the bit) to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave rather than Pee Wee’s Playhouse.

18. Tavie says:

Pee Wee’s Christmas Special has been required holiday viewing in my house since it premiered in 1987, when I was 8.

I have always been obsessed with her molded bodice.

I’m also very fond of K.D. Lang’s “Jingle Bell Rock” from said special, as s he seems to be having a blast with it.

That’s great. All that’s missing is Charo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy1zupueNRo

20. Mike K says:

The look on her face says, “Really, what the fuck is this? Damn, when will I come down? Is this a dream?”

21. GrymRpr says:

*IF* you would like to watch the whole show…. Head on over to Pee-Wees site @ http://peewee.com/ (Click the x-mas present )

And of course.. if you use Firefox with download helper….