April2010: the Year in 3D printing (Thanks, Joris!)
* April 14th Shapeways introduces 3D printed glass. A new Prometal material that has exciting applications and is recyclable.
* May 1st McGill University researchers learn how to 3D print ice.
* May 25th EOS displays and shows off stainless-steel prototypes for customized spinal surgical instruments, Cobalt chrome replacement knee joint prototypes, end-product dental copings and bridges and Titanium dental implants.
* June 8th Materialise creates a full size King Tut replica for National Geographic.
* June 21st RepRap contributor Erik de Bruijn launches Ultimaker, a 3D printing kit with a large 21cm by 21cm build volume.
- 3D printing comes to ceramics - Boing Boing
- 3D printing with ice - Boing Boing
- Cheap, portable personal 3D printer: the UP! - Boing Boing
- NYT on 3D printing - Boing Boing
- 3D printing service from Ponoko - Boing Boing
- Shapeways interviews Makerbot: 3D printing ahoy! - Boing Boing
- White paper on 3D printing and the law: the coming copyfight ...