Joris sez, "2010 was an amazing year in 3D printing. It was a 'year of acquaintance' where millions of people came into contact with this 25 year old technology for the first time. The post is the year in review for 3D printing and sums up many of the advances and progress the 3D printing has made in 2010."
2010: the Year in 3D printing
* April 14th Shapeways introduces 3D printed glass. A new Prometal material that has exciting applications and is recyclable.
* May 1st McGill University researchers learn how to 3D print ice.
* May 25th EOS displays and shows off stainless-steel prototypes for customized spinal surgical instruments, Cobalt chrome replacement knee joint prototypes, end-product dental copings and bridges and Titanium dental implants.
* June 8th Materialise creates a full size King Tut replica for National Geographic.
* June 21st RepRap contributor Erik de Bruijn launches Ultimaker, a 3D printing kit with a large 21cm by 21cm build volume.
I have a 64GB iPhone, but I don’t like using iTunes to transfer videos to it because it is a hassle. I have this little $30 USB/Lighting flash drive that holds 32GB of files, including videos, photos, and songs. I plug it into my computer, copy over a bunch of card magic instruction videos, and […]
Researchers at UC Riverside and Centro de Investigación Científica y de Educación Superior de Ensenada have published a paper describing their ongoing success in setting a “transparent nanocrystalline yttria-stabilized-zirconia” into patients’ skulls, which reveal the patients’ brains so that the patients’ brains can be zapped with therapeutic lasers.
A pilot invented this $18 plastic hook for your belt/waistband that can tow a 25lb rollaboard around the airport behind you, leaving you hands-free as you maneuver the concourse.
It’s one thing to enjoy dinner at home and a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon with your best friend, Netflix, but it’s another thing entirely to make that meal from scratch and get that wine delivered right to your doorstep.But what if we told you there’s a way to make this possible? To keep your social life, […]
Having to pack and drag your stuff through security can put quite the damper on your vacation plans. Thankfully, we’ve got your back with one way to make traveling more painless: the Jumper Overnighter Travel Bag.This compact bag is so lightweight that you can effortlessly carry it, and fit it into any overhead compartment. But just […]
Learning is a 24/7/365 proposition, and it never ends. And if you’re truly serious about leveling up your skill sets and career prospects, get a subscription to Stone River Academy’s massive course collection. This offer normally is worth over $1,400, but is now available for just $89 in the Boing Boing Store.A respected name in information technology […]