Epic response to a cranky letter about paper airplanes in a sports stadium

14 Responses to “Epic response to a cranky letter about paper airplanes in a sports stadium”

1. JeffersonJ says:

Signed,

The Honorable Ignatius Reilly, Esquire

#literaryjokes

2. Chrs says:

I plan to reuse this FOREVER.

3. Trent Hawkins says:

The best thing is that this is quite a useful response letter applicable to many situations involving ass holes and passive aggressive messages.

4. ethancoop says:

Thanks for the entirely too loud early morning laugh.

Christ, what an… oh wait, they already said it for me.

5. woid says:

A great meme, but it was already old in 1974. It probably goes back at least a decade more.

I know Steve Allen sent the same response to his crazier correspondents (though he said idiot, not asshole).

I don’t know if he originated the joke*, but it’s typical of him.

*Krusty the Clown (on the phone, realizing he’s been prank-called): “If this is anybody but Steve Allen, you’re stealing my bit!”

6. mdh says:

Some years back, at work, someone called in to complain about a company truck and the way it was being driven. The call went to the president of the company and all I heard from next door was “Oh, that was you in the civic on ’95? Yeah, that was me. You drive like a fcuking clown!!” and he hung up the phone.

7. jeff.simmermon says:

I laughed out loud at this — I honestly feel like I could write that letter about five times a day.

8. MrBawn says:

That is the most awesome thing to come out of Cleveland by a wide margin. Wide. Very wide.

9. Kimmo says:

That’s just magic : D

I’m blown away by the sheer chutzpah… it’s a shining example!

I feel like the BB post does not do a good job of capturing the back and forth properly. The original post is definitely worth a click.

Also — neither the original post or the BB repost capture one of the more interesting aspects: the management who wrote the awesome reply letter actually made a point of CC’ing it to Art Modell, the famed [or infamous] owner of the team.

I feel like using that response next time someone on the mailing list I manage says something especially stupid. YOUR MAIL ACCOUNT MAY HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED!