The Wormworld Saga: beautiful online graphic novel

10 Responses to “The Wormworld Saga: beautiful online graphic novel”

Looks like a nice nod to the author of one of my favorite fantasy books — The Neverending Story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ende

2. osmo says:

Nice? Screw nice! This was great, awesome infact. Thanks for the link Mark!

3. TNGMug says:

Totally stunning. My only complaint is that I found this so early into it’s production and that there’s only one chapter to read!

Love the vertical layout too. Nothing short of brilliant. (if you think about it, more functional text-based web pages tend to be laid out like this, the brilliance is in the simplicity).

I love this format. Scrolling is much nicer than having to change pages.

• libraryboi says:

Absolutely. Before I even noticed the beautiful art, I was struck by how functional the scrolling was in service of the story. It just pulls you along whereas the page turns, particularly online, break your immersion. Can’t recall seeing this before. Kudos all around.

5. Jean-Luc Turbo says:

There is this comfortable familiarity coupled with an unpredictability of the story thus far that has got me totally hooked. I really enjoyed the artwork with the simple yet burningly effective interface and am VERY MUCH looking forward to supporting it.

6. The Mudshark says:

This is so inspiring. I think I´m gonna draw today. Thanks for posting!

7. Muse says:

Beautiful use of color. I agree, the vertical scrolling is particularly effective for storytelling on the web.

8. Mantari says:

Wow. This is so beautiful and well thought out. It might just be enough to suck me into a genre that I’ve intentionally avoided.