How To: Make a B-Boy Abe Lincoln out of a $5 Bill

34 Responses to “How To: Make a B-Boy Abe Lincoln out of a $5 Bill”

• g0d5m15t4k3 says:

Looks good to me! I only had an old $1 bill from a coworker to work with. I made a super terrible Washington with a hat… then successfully made a shirt-dollar.

If work didn’t block me from my own Twitpic account, I’d link the pics. You can find me there though with the same username.

1. knoxblox says:

…and the Skater Kids point to Skater Lincoln, and whisper amongst themselves, “Man, that dude’s OLD.”

2. SamSam says:

Between steps 2 and 3, and 3 and 4… magic happens. That is all.

not as good as the Australian fiver (you can make the queen suck a penis)

• adamnvillani says:

“(you can make the queen suck a penis)”

That reminds me of how somebody pointed out that if Prince William has a stripper at his bachelor party, how odd it must feel to him to pay her with pieces of paper bearing his grandmother’s portrait.

I’m American, and I remember the day in junior high when somebody demonstrated how to fold a dollar bill to make George Washington look like a penis.

Trying this with an old $5 bill makes it that much more confusing :(

5. cole.perry says:

“Abe BLINGcoln”?

I am very angry about this.

I am artist of this origami.
    Original name is ” Kid Lincoln”

This is iPhone application.
    Search ” Moneygami ”

Please download it.
    Included How to movie.

7. mchampag says:

Especially in light of Saturday’s murders in Arizona, the “Cap Lincoln” remark is in questionable taste. In street jargon, to “cap” someone is to shoot them. Abraham Lincoln himself was a victim of exactly that sort of gun violence. Or is that all part of the joke? It must be. It’s just an elaborate pun. Otherwise, the $100 bill would have been used, since it’s all about the benjamins, and that would have been more funny anyway. Never mind.

• Anonymous says:

Uhm. I just thought I should point out, the more logical of our community would look at the “Cap Lincoln” heading (not remark) as a description of what it is. Not street jargon for saying, “Abraham Lincoln was shot in the head like Gabrielle Giffords, LOL!”

• AirPillo says:

I was going to make a playful John Wilkes Booth joke but after that depressing comment I’m just going to take my ball and go home.

• Anonymous says:

In light of you being an over analytical “Debby Downer”, I’d like to say I don’t see how this at all relates to the shooting in Arizona. Only a hoity-toity, political correctness seeking, suburban soccer mom would make that connection. Besides, nobody’s used the term “capped” since the 90′s.

• Anonymous says:

don’t you think that’s a stretch? the point is making a baseball CAP on lincolns head, i sense no distastefulness from it

• ethancoop says:

*sigh*
      last time I checked the $5 bill doesn’t have Gabrielle Giffords face on it so what’s the problem with a little joke at a long since deceased President’s expense?

You’ve just made the internet a little less fun today. Thanks.

Im so angry at step 3.

Fucking awesome!

My first attempt–

LOL!

Step 3 is my bane. I could not progress past that.

Knob Creek Farm represent!

Seen.

13. g0d5m15t4k3 says:

I wanted to do this but neither I nor any of my office coworkers have paper money. This is what the world has come to. All credit all the time.

My ex and I used to make a punch of shirt dollars (http://members.cox.net/crandall11/money/shirt/) before going to the bar. When you tip in shirts, the staff tend to remember you (for amusement at the least if you’re a bad tipper).

B-Boy? That’s a skater in the graphic. Not all B-Boys are skaters and visa versa.

15. fatuousplatitudes says:

Pa! I see your B-Boy Lincoln and raise you a badly chopped Surfer Girl Betty

Of course, now I’ll have to emigrate to the colonies…

There is some kind of wizardry involved in Step 3.

17. skeletoncityrepeater says:

Great trick, but why is the final image dressed as a skater, and not dressed as a B-Boy? Shouldn’t ‘breakdancing’ be somehow involved?

18. johnofjack says:

From 2 to 3: fold it over so the 5 shows upside down under Lincoln’s jaw, then reach under it and pull the other corner (also a 5) down and to the left.