The Weird World of Eerie Publications: exclusive image gallery

8 Responses to “The Weird World of Eerie Publications: exclusive image gallery”

Thanks for promoting work that would otherwise be forgotten. Arguments about taste can go on forever; the craft in these pieces cannot be denied and shouldn’t be ignored.

David Marshall
    Comic Book Artist and Teacher

2. knoxblox says:

Wow! I thought getting my hands on Plop! when I was a kid was the coolest, but now I wish I had access to this where I grew up.

3. Pteranodon says:

Wow- I actually OWN some of these! Found a bunch of “Terror Tales” “Voodoo” etc a few years ago at a local comic book store (but passed on the May ’69 Terror Tales cause the cover grossed me out!)

These are a great contrast to my Warren Mag collection (Creepy, Eerie, and a few Vampirellas) Surprised you didn’t mention Warren Publishing; they were the cream of the crop in B&W horror. But Eerie Pub’s sleazy, cheap imitations have a charm all their own too.

4. Umbriel says:

The cover of the Feral House book looks like it might feature the same vampire guy as the Tales of Voodoo cover. Anyone know whether this was some recurring, Barnabas Collins-like protagonist?

5. Robert Beerbohm says:

Thanks for the URL posted to Doc V’s Timely Atlas list. Already ordered a copy, waiting to sink my chops into it

Indeed sir! I am quite pleasantly surprised to see your writings here.

7. Donald Petersen says:

I am tickled no end by that Ayers axe-splash. It would be pedestrian enough to show a beheading so emphatic as to cause the head to bounce up in the air with spectacles and fedora flying, but the popped-out eyeballs and six-inch tongue really sell the whole thing.

I’d wear that shirt to church if I was a churchgoer who could find that image on a shirt. Heck, I got nothing better to do this Sunday, anyway.