Demon rug

17 Responses to “Demon rug”

1. pKp says:

Damn, now I want to buy some MissMonster swag. The last time I tried that, my parcel got lost along the way (international shipping ftw) and I was out 50 bucks. No fault of her own, of course, and she was very nice about it, even sent me a gift to compensate (that also got lost :/) but it turned me off buying stuff overseas.

Although I’ll certainly crack someday and buy everything on her Etsy, plus all of Topatoco and some Thinkgeek to go with it. It should just rent a container or something…

@1 : Awesome pic. Love the red locks, too.

• g0d5m15t4k3 says:

Ah, thank you!

That sucks that they got lost overseas. I’ve had that happen with some stuff I ordered from Germany. Very sad. Same situation though, they were very friendly and fast to refund. It just always sucks for both parties: you want their goods & they want to sell it to you. Everyone’s out when it gets lost/stolen en route.

2. bokonon says:

Go Mellie! Great person, talented as hell. So awesome to see this on BoingBoing!

I think they skinned my grade school music teacher to make this.

4. pentomino says:

I was going to ask if someone would trip on the horns, but doesn’t the head pose a problem in all such animal rugs?

5. aktif8 says:

that totally belongs on the floor of Harry Dresden’s apartment. Er, it would have belonged, before it blew up, anyway.

• Donald Petersen says:

It’s on sale now, 3200$:

That much? Critter, please. I love it to pieces, but I’m pleased to realize that strewn about the house I possess the wherewithal to make one of mine own. I’m lucky that way, I guess… I’ve had a demon head from KNB and at least one or two old fur rugs and assorted claws and such for close to 20 years now, and somehow never thought to combine them all.

I doubt my skills are up to it, but what the hell… it’ll be a fun project anyway. And certainly worth every literal penny it’ll cost me. ;^)

• franka_645 says:

Would you say that to Mark Rothko? Since, you know, you’ve got some paint lying around. Ive actually got two 20 year old canvases and paintbrushes, but I never thought to put them together. It will be a fun project!
        I’m not saying this to be rude, but I have a special place in the black part of my heart for folks who see beautiful handmade items and say out loud “I could have done that”.
        I just found some old krylon, so please excuse me while I go out and recreate the works of banksy all around my neighborhood.

• Donald Petersen says:

Now, now… I did say “I doubt my skills are up to it.” I just want a demon-skin rug and can’t spare $3200 for the real McCoy, such as it is. So I’ll make me one. And maybe it’ll even be tougher than spray-painting fake Banksys, whatever.

Once upon a time I wanted a V8-powered Jaguar but didn’t want to pay in the mid-to-high-five-figures for a real (post-1997) one, so I made one. It cost me under five grand and took about 30 hours of my own labor, and I used plans that somebody else developed, but I ended up with what I wanted.

Not too terribly different here. I promise I won’t sell it, or even sell bookends that look like it. Sheesh.

6. spool32 says:

Sadly, this rug is a fake. Everyone knows demons vanish bodily when they’re killed – a demon’s body *is* his soul, and the corpse is banished to the Abyss (contra devils, who return to Hades) when killed on another plane.

• Anonymous says:

What you don’t see, though, is the pentacle of binding inscribed in the eviscerated demon’s flesh. Perhaps she first froze it in place with other wards, split it from knave to chaps, and then seared her eldritch inscription therein. The only question, really, is whether or not a demon can fully heal a branded binding spell in the course of the potential buyer’s ownership.

Caveat emptor, indeed.

Looks like she bagged a Krampus. Christmas will be a lot less traumatic next year…

Love it. I think her next product should be a Cthulu skin rug.

9. fusionenvy says:

That’s no Demon!
    That is a Tauren Boomkin!

10. Inventorjack says:

Is it wrong that my first thought upon seeing this was: “So cute! I want one!” ?

11. g0d5m15t4k3 says:

Awesome! My boyfriend got this mask of hers: http://missmonster.bigcartel.com/product/antique-silver-plastic-demon-mask

He wore it to Trauma (a fetish party in Columbus, Ohio). They have a pic of us here: http://evolvedbodyart.com/trauma/wp-content/gallery/top2010/IMG_8414.jpg