Papertoy Monsters, a fun cardboard creature making book

12 Responses to “Papertoy Monsters, a fun cardboard creature making book”

The dude in the Y-front underoos is my fave.

2. Hobbinski says:

This looks so good I just ordered it! I, like i_prefer_yeti, am wondering what glue to use. In the pictures it appears that some sort of glue stick is being used. Any recommendations? Thanks!

3. ArtF says:

Hey if you like paper toys check out my website Uncleghastly.blogspot.com
    and
    nicepapertoys.com

lots of great stuff!

4. i_prefer_yeti says:

I have just purchased said book. I look forward to hours of frustrated gluing, folding, re-gluing, stapling, fits of screaming, tearful pleadings, and other fun with my son. I particularly like the idea of immolating our bastard creations.

Thanks Mark!

5. Mark Frauenfelder says:

We used a gluestick. It was the only glue we had in the house. But it did the trick even better than glue, I’d say.

6. mmechanic says:

I brought home the copy the publisher sent to Mother Jones to see if my 8-year-old would like it. Like it? He was totally OBSESSED! He woke up at six the next morning to start making the monsters. He quotes their goofy characteristics, and he brought the book to school the next day for show and tell. When my wife arrived for pickup, he was under one of the play structures, surrounded by a crowd of envious kids. A few of the monsters were easy enough for my six year old girl. So, um, yeah. If you have a seven-to-nine year old, this one’s a winner.

gluesticks are the way to go for this type of work, IMHO. They are much lower moisture than Elmer’s so there’s no warping or wrinkling, and it’s almost impossible to over apply – no runs, no drips, no errors!

So cool that the parts are actually die cut for punching out.

By comparison makes the you-cut-it-out book creators/publishers look cheap and lazy!

So cool that the parts are actually die cut for punching out.

10. The Hamster King says:

We had an MLK Day lunch at GReats today. Afterward we walked over to the Giant Robot store to browse and picked up this book. My ten-year-old daughter was still poring over it when she went to bed. Funny to see it on Boing Boing the same day we stumbled on it!