Tron: Ancestry T-Shirt

13 Responses to “Tron: Ancestry T-Shirt”

1. Rhonan says:

Um, it’s Steampunk. Steampunk needs historical accuracy like a goldfish needs an airship. I’m just pleased to be ahead of Rob, as I already have my T-shirt.

Uh guys (and gals), I don’t believe he is pedaling anything. The principle of a light cycle is that it’s built of “light” – no physical force necessary for locomotion (and perhaps not even for direction). However, from a historical perspective, the designer could have made him pedal the larger wheel.

3. awjtawjt says:

Why isn’t he smoking a bubble pipe?

To the poster who was insulted by the write up:

The write up is written by the staff at woot and is not necessarily the opinion of the artist.

Generally speaking woot’s write ups are snarky and/or filled with dark humor. Also the artists are often lambasted in the bio information.

I found out about woot via boingboing about a year and a half ago. They are a great source for discount gear and great original shirts. Check out their reckoning section for their full catalog of shirts. http://shirt.woot.com/Reckoning/

5. Dave Faris says:

Well, not “on sale today.” It’s for sale, at the Reckoning price of $15 +$5 s/h.

6. Jon Silk says:

I was just about to buy it. Then I realised that, if it’s a Penny Farthing, then he’s peddling the wrong wheel. Abort!

7. Tavie says:

G-g-g-g-GENIUS.

I was all set to click to order over at WOOT.

Then I read the accompanying entry below it. How absolutely insulting. You’ve got to have some incredible set of brass ones to sell something relating to a film that people like me enjoyed, and then go on to blast the film and essentially relegate it’s fans to drooling idiots.

Order cancelled. What unbelievable jerks.

9. Foom says: