Farting gentleman stabs partygoers, kills one

33 Responses to “Farting gentleman stabs partygoers, kills one”

1. Thebes says:

When will this insanity end?
    There is simply no reason for anyone to have a knife unless they are a licensed chef.
    We need better knife control laws!

” charged with murder, assault and carrying a dangerous weapon”.. not to mention the knife…

3. knoxblox says:

Well, so much for “airing out” your grievances.

4. Ugly Canuck says:

Better than bottling up inside isn’t it?

I mean the farts not the violence.

These types of stories often reminds me that modern law and order has changed our social interaction.

Before modern law and order (think police, lawyers, etc), people negotiated disputes by themselves. People have guns and before that swords. If you offend someone, they’ll try to kill you. If you’re lucky , it’s a gentleman, and he’ll challenge you to a fair duel. If you’re lower class or have no family to stand up for you, you best not mess with others who have more power or people behind them. Consequently , people would avoid strangers and be polite if contact is unavoidable.

After about a century of modern law and order, people assume that the law decides what’s right and wrong and the order is only enforced by the state. Consequently, people are not afraid to offend each other (farting , hazing) as long as it’s legal. Once in a while, the old instincts of vengeance and violence comes back and people are shocked and surprised. People forget that our laws and order are modern constructs , nothing stops us from doing things differently and certainly nothing strange from reverting to old ways.

I think we may not be more civilize than the past , just civilize in a different way.

Note: I don’t think the past was better; there was a period when so many died from duels that swords were banned. Also, much of the modern development would not be possible without law and order.

He certainly was carrying a dangerous weapon. As am I.

I guess you could say he got upset because the partygoers…

*sunglasses*

thought it was a gas..

8. Childe Roland says:

The guy could’ve really upped his percentage with a Glock. What a slacker.

• gravytop says:

Huh. Lunatic kills people in Tucson, and the Boingosphere is properly enraged. Insanely-motivated murder in Connecticut — and watch the fun and frolick begin. Can we all admit now that the earlier outrage was pure political posturing?

• Stonewalker says:

Good thing he wasn’t a cop or he would have had one.

On a separate note – sheesh talk about Streisand Effect.

9. stegodon says:

silent but deadly?

10. IamsoRob says:

I just hope he doesn’t dare the judge to pull his finger.

11. ManOutOfTime says:

A gentleman? I think not! Someone who flatulates at a party and stabs at his fellow revelers is hardly a gentleman! Indeed, he is a cad and a bounder of the highest order! Good day, sir. I said GOOD DAY!

12. Kosmoid says:

That’s what I call “journalism.”

13. ManOutOfTime says:

“wanted to teach people that they shouldn’t trifle with him”

You can’t deny – he got his message across. Loud and clear.

14. MrsBug says:

I’ve got an idea! How ’bout not farting at a party!? Crazy, I know….

15. Jack says:

Who farted? Stabby McStaberson! That’s who!

16. SpaceGhost says:

He who smelt it shall be dealt with

17. Suburbancowboy says:

First the hiccuping girl arrested for first degree murder, and then farting man arrested for stabbing people? What next?

18. pinehead says:

Perhaps the gentleman bent from the waist to tie his shoelace and, perhaps in sensing a loss of balance or, possibly, upon hearing a particularly favourable joke, the gentleman not only lost his grip upon the errant parcel of gas, but inadvertently forced it, vigorously, with great abandon and slapping of cheeks, into the room of revel. Herein, upon realizing the degree of shame such a cavernous outburst awarded, the gentleman lost his wits and struck out upon his sullied and nasally-besoiled compatriots. The gentleman in question would likely prefer to cut this offending portion of his anatomy away entirely, but alas – it is already a hole.

• Anonymous says:

You sir, have made my week, I am crying I am laughing so hard. I guess my imagination has been easily activated as I am brain storming some story ideas, so the imagery I got from this was just so wonderful in a fall off my computer stool way. Ya I am serious I fell off my stool. It was worth it.

if you can’t join em…….

20. doingdoing says:

His cell mate is gonna be walking on egg shells on chili day…