Wedding rings inspired by vintage science fiction paperback cover art

8 Responses to “Wedding rings inspired by vintage science fiction paperback cover art”

1. warreno says:

Wow. Now that is a lot of Dick.

2. karl_jones says:

Lovely rings, backed up by a lovely stack of PKD.

“The Crack in Space” isn’t Dick’s strongest work, nor “Vulcan’s Hammer” … but “Martian Time-Slip” is outstanding work from that period, and “Radio Free Albemuth” is powerful stuff from a later period.

Best wishes to the newlyweds!

3. karl_jones says:

Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said is not, perhaps, the most accessible PKD novel; nonetheless, it’s a must-read for PKD fans. (Imagine a hallucinogenic drug so powerful that when you take it, other people are transported to alternate realities.)

There’s a movie version in progress — no details yet, but I’m intrigued:

Aaaaand … that stack-of-PKD photo shows just a sliver of The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch … but then, a sliver of Palmer Eldritch is more than enough! “Be choosy. Chew Chew-Z!”

I have an extensive Heinlein Collection that I would like to have made in to his and her rings. However, while I wouldn’t mind having my Heinlein wrapped around her finger, I would mind….well, you get the idea.

5. RebNachum says:

I’m having difficulty seeing the design; is it a Leo and Diane Dillon? And mazel tov, etc. as appropriate.

6. travtastic says:

I want one designed after Ringworld. Any jewelers around?

7. cheyenne says:

‘Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch’ is in fact my favorite PKD novel (that and ‘A Scanner Darkly’). It just happened that most of the good ones we own are from that publisher with the dayglo colors and non-retro cover design. I actually own other science fiction (really!)–I didn’t even intend to use only PKD covers for the ring photos–but these were the ones I liked the covers of best.

8. BDiamond says:

Could it be Richard M. Powers inspired? (The Powers Compendium is at http://members.cox.net/sjrohde/.)