Wonderful trailers for B-movies that never existed

20 Responses to “Wonderful trailers for B-movies that never existed”

Was that a Pharaoh, or was it Queen Nefertiti?
    I expect accuracy in my movies!!!

Here’s how to make a movie trailer:

3. Boba Fett Diop says:

I hate trailers that give away the entire plot of the movie before you see it.

4. BDiamond says:

These are delicious, campy fun. Makes me wish Mr. Deak would go the route of Larry Blamire and make a feature!

5. Rob Gehrke says:

Michael S Deak’s YouTube channel :

Firefox :
    Save/Bookmark As : Yes

6. BDiamond says:

To Muse and Anon — Larry Blamire wrote, directed, produced and starred in Lost Skeleton of Cadavra and its sequel. He also made a movie called The Trail of the Screaming Forehead (which I haven’t seen yet). True, they’re not perfect, but I love ‘em, anyway. And that’s why I wish Deak would make a feature — he may just out-Blamire Blamire.

7. Godfree says:

@ fnc: I would love to see the movie “Wilhelm’s Revenge.”

8. Muse says:

Fun, but my favorite trailer is still for this: The Lost Skeleton Of Cadavra

The movie itself wasn’t quite as delightful as the trailer though.

I loved the Lost Skeleton — one of my favorite movies. The sequel was a letdown, unfortunately.

10. jfrancis says:

I recognize the village in the opening. It’s a set in Santa Clarita with a Western street at one end, and at 0:05 is the ruined Afghani village Iron Man flies in and saves.

11. Art says:

Madre de Dios!!! I have never known such a terror!

12. BDiamond says:

Well, it would seem that Deak did direct one feature, which was released back in 1996.

Off to Amazon!

13. Donald Petersen says:

Couple of nice things I noticed:

1. An actual, literal, comic book “Aaaiiieeee!!”

2. A decent allusion to the Karloff version’s trailer: “Death… eternal punishment… for… anyone… who… opens… this… casket.”

• fnc says:

That was the Wilhelm Scream. And a darned good use of it too.

• Donald Petersen says:

Oh, I recognized the Wilhelm Scream when I heard it (dummy being tossed over the cliff). No, the “Aaaiiieee!” happens earlier, after the guy spits out the cork and gets grabbed by three arms. (0:59 or so).

• Ceronomus says:

There is no longer any such thing as a “good” use of the Wilhelm Scream. What started off as an inside joke has grown into an incredibly overused audio clip that jars me out of a program every time I hear it (which seems to be at least twice a week these days).

It was fun when it began, but really, enough. I enjoyed this trailer up to that point, then just shut it off.

Can I really be alone in being annoyed by the overuse of the Wilhelm Scream?

14. hughelectronic says:

Wonderful! But the use of 90s font Crackhouse is a bummer.

15. MandoSpaz says:

Spectacular! And tomorrow is Friday!

(Yes, the Wilhelm scream deserves some credit)… But if this were a real 50′s trailer, they would have never shown the monster’s face. That was always considered a privilege worth paying for. After all, the makeup was usually the most expensive thing in these movies

17. Baron Karza says:

Wait a second — if he were triple the terror, wouldn’t he have six arms instead of just three? Three arms is only 150% as much terror.

Here’s an illo I did for a “Star Wars Insider” magazine article on the Wilhelm Scream (on Jabba’s sail barge in ROTJ): http://www.skatemonk.com/portfolio/illos/scream.html
    Just to add to the overkill.