Core77's case-study of the MIT Mobility Lab's "Leveraged Freedom Chair" is a fascinating look at the difficulties presented by designing a sustainable wheelchair for use by disabled people in the developing world. The final product can be sold for $100 -- a 90 percent reduction off traditional wheelchairs -- and uses a lever-driven propulsion system that works better over rough terrain. It uses bicycle parts to keep costs down and simplify maintenance.
- Steampunk Professor Xavier wheelchair - Boing Boing
- Guinness Record for wheelchair backflip - Boing Boing
- Wheelchair gunman surrenders to police robot Boing Boing
- BBC to debut new "Wheelchair dancing" reality competition show ...
- Thought-controlled wheelchair - Boing Boing
- Voice-controlled robot wheelchair - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Small wheelchair car you drive with a joystick
- Kenguru: Drive-In Car for Wheelchairs - Boing Boing