Portland's Julie Lewis has a Kickstarter project to raise funds for another run of her handbags made from 35mm feature films; the films have passed through their exhibition window the distributors are obliged to shred them. Lewis employs a women's co-op to use the material to make cool, translucent purses. Pledge $100 and you get a large tote as well as a bunch of other goodies.
- Anti-paparazzi handbag - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: TSA's gonna love this: The Pursuader, a machinegun ...
- Monster felted handbag - Boing Boing
- HOWTO make a D12 handbag - Boing Boing
- Hyper-surveilled handbag in shop-window - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Handbag embossed with handgun
- HOWTO made a handbag out of ties - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.