Noah "Thing a Day" Scalin sez, "Mike McCormick passed his time in prison by making and giving away these beautiful, delicate sculptures of winged eyeballs out of toilet paper, roll-on deodorant balls, and floor wax."
- How To: Brew beer in a coffee maker, using only materials found on ...
- A moonshine maker describes his setup - a Boing Boing exclusive ...
- HOWTO make a prison soldering iron - Boing Boing
- Martha Stewart's prison-made Nativity creche - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Jailhouse tech creations -- update
- Boing Boing: Prisoners' Inventions
- Prisoners' Inventions: MacGuyver meets the prison system - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.
MORE: Art and Design