21-year-old Zachary Chesser was today sentenced to 25 years in prison for trying to help a Somalia militant group and for making threats against Matt Stone and Trey Parker of "South Park," because of the show's depiction of the Prophet Mohammad.
A federal judge in Virginia handed down the sentence for Zachary Chesser, who pleaded guilty to making threats, soliciting others to threaten violence and material support to the group, al Shabaab. Chesser admitted he ran numerous websites and called for violence against Americans. In one instance he published the home addresses for the writers of "South Park" after they lampooned Mohammad and he urged readers to "pay them a visit."Man in "South Park" threats gets 25 years prison (Reuters)
The episode last year on the cable channel Comedy Central showed Mohammad in a bear suit.
Worth revisiting: Boing Boing Video's interview with Matt and Trey just before the episode in question aired, and before Mr. Chesser's threats and the ensuing media frenzy.
- South Park's 200th, litigious celebs and Mohammed: Matt and Trey (BB Video)
- Arrested: Jihadi jerk who threatened "South Park" over Mohammed episode
- What one Muslim guy thinks of South Park death threat
- Catholic League: South Park's Matt and Trey are "little whores"
- Crazy jihad troll who threatened South Park is so totally busted
- Pakistan gov. flips out over "Draw Mohammed Day"
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: email@example.com.