My doctor keeps jamming on his commitment to fork over the shots he took in surgery, the ones showing the necrotic tissue spreading across my leg. Fuck it; I've kept you waiting too long (only partially due to the above reason, granted; I'm also still comatose for a good chunk of the day), and I would be remiss in my educational mandate if I put this off any longer.Get well, Peter. We're all rooting for you. A word of caution: the photo above is not representative of the extreme gore in Peter's "Moving Pictures" post, which is not for the faint of stomach.
But I also seem to remember the occasional squeap from 'crawlers who implored me not to present these epic photos, protests that the mere sight of (let's be honest) such ultimate beefcake shots might provoke reactions too visceral for mere mortals to withstand while retaining their cookies. In deference to such candy-asses I will invoke, for the first time ever, this little "Behind the cut" option that hides the rest of the post from the squeamish.
- Peter Watts may serve two years for failing to promptly obey a ...
- Dr Peter Watts, Canadian science fiction writer, beaten and ...
- Peter Watts found guilty - Boing Boing
- On Peter Watts's sentencing hearing - Boing Boing
- Fundraiser to bring Peter Watts to WorldCon in Australia - Boing Boing
- Peter Watts wasn't convicted of assault - Boing Boing
- Peter Watts discusses his arrest at US border - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.