"Populist" Wisconsin governor Scott Walker continues to restrict the freedom of Wisconsinites to seek redress of grievances in their state capitol. The latest "decorum" rules handed down by Walker's sergeant-at-arms include a ban on signs, silently reading, photography, video or audio recording, bags, backpacks, clapping, cheering, balloons, crockpots, food storage, beds, sleeping bags, musical instruments, flags, chairs, and anything "inconsistent" with closing the building at end of day.
(Image: Madison Wisconsin Protest, Capitol Square [IMG_2782], a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike (2.0) image from ontask's photostream)
- Wisconsin Republicans call for arrest of missing Democrats - Boing ...
- Wisconsin protests--now with farmers (and tractors) - Boing Boing
- Nerd power at Wisconsin protests - Boing Boing
- Wisconsin update: More to come later today - Boing Boing
- Wisconsin Capitol illegally closed to newcomers - Boing Boing
- Wisconsin cops for the win - Boing Boing
- Midwestern Tahrir: Workers refuse to leave Wisconsin capital over ...
- Exposing the Big Wisconsin Lie about "subsidized public pensions ...
- Egyptian orders a pizza for the Wisconsin demonstrators - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.