"This is so not the end," said protester Judy Gump, a 45-year-old English teacher at Madison Memorial High School. "This is what makes people more determined and makes them dig in..."Wisconsin Protesters Refuse To Quit (via Reddit)
All 14 Democrats later marched around the Capitol, trading chants of "thank you" with protesters who ringed the sidewalks. When the senators made their way to a stage, they promised to shift their energies toward recall drives already under way against eight of their GOP colleagues.
"Now ... we trade in our rally signs for clipboards and we take to the streets to recall the Republicans," Sen. Chris Larson of Milwaukee told the cheering crowd, "and in one year we recall the governor that refuses to listen."
- Wedding reception on the Wisconsin protest line - Boing Boing
- Wisconsin protests--now with farmers (and tractors) - Boing Boing
- Voices and pictures from Madison, Wisconsin, protests - Boing Boing
- Wisconsin protests to be memorialized in the Smithsonian - Boing Boing
- Nerd power at Wisconsin protests - Boing Boing
- Wisconsin capitol bans recording, flags, reading, balloons, chairs ...
- Wisconsin cops for the win - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.