DMZ: MIA Redemption without forgiveness

9 Responses to “DMZ: MIA Redemption without forgiveness”

1. D3 says:

Sounds pretty stupid.

2. Tynam says:

As always with Wood, MIA was awesome. And a refreshing updraft after the unrelenting bleakness of the last one. Given that DMZ is in large part a critique of the behaviour of… well, humans… it’s important to see how smoothly Wood handles Roth’s turnaround. As you say, redemption without forgiveness.

Must be a pretty limited civil war if large corporatations and cable news networks can continue to function.

4. Ernst Gruengast says:

Why is DMZ not already a film franchise / TV series?

It’s power is in the thematic content of the narrative, rather than an exploration of a particular medium and its traditions. This is what makes Wood’s work fundamentally different from some other graphic novel heavyweights (Moore, Morrison, Mack et al), which is why these writers work does not translate to film.

DMZ would be mind-blowing on screen.

• Lt. Col. w00t says:

It would make a great TV series, if they had the right showrunner. HBO or Showtime could run it. Too complex for the network.

Oh and for people who haven’t read it: The “sensationalist right-wing cable news” and the “redneck separatist army” are on opposite sides. The postulated war is not pretty, and there are no good guys in it.

I started this book right around the time I read the maxi-series ‘Nightly News.’ Both definitely put me in an odd frame of mind. Great books.

Unfortunate name-clash with pioneering dubstep label DMZ that has been around since 2004! http://www.discogs.com/label/DMZ oops!

Anyone know how to buy comics in Korea without the shipping cost being inexplicably equal to that of the book?

Alternatively:

Yargh! (sorry Mr. Woods. I’ll purchase it for realsies soon as I can).

My wife and I enjoyed watching Jericho and think we both should read this. Thanks BB!