Andy Warhol bust by Ron English

14 Responses to “Andy Warhol bust by Ron English”

1. chawke says:

“Oops, they saw my penis…”
    by Richard Schaft

Dear Fellow Member,

As an endowed citizen, you and I carry something that can cause a great amount of fear and panic if someone should ever happen to see it.

Even if we are ALWAYS conscious of making sure our concealed penises stay concealed, we are subject to making a mistake. After all, we are human, long and short.

Knowing that should only inspire us to become more conscious of our penises and how we conceal them.

I bring this up because this week’s ‘Penis of the week’ is funny – but only until we really think about how serious this situation really is.

Has anyone ever spotted your penis? Please leave a comment on this page and tell us about it.

I also want to point out Longhorn Baller’s article this week. To put it bluntly, it is LONG. Nevertheless, as a parent, it definitely gave me some great ideas. Whether you are a parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, or simply are special friends with kids…I highly recommend checking out this article and passing it along to your friends and family with children.

It covers a topic that no one wants to think about…but in order to truly protect our children, we MUST.

Have an excellent weekend, and do not forget to leave a comment on at least one of the articles in this week’s Concealed Penis Report!

Take care,

Richard Schaft

2. gwailo_joe says:

Put the wig on a big Tomato soup can: you’re on to something.

3. Johnny Coelacanth says:

$350? The picture must not do it justice because it looks like $10 worth of plastic. Does it talk? Does it have a built-in 15 minute kitchen timer with a Velvet Underground alarm singing “shiny shiny, shiny skull of plastic?” Because otherwise, I could go to Tiger Direct and get a pretty good computer for $350.

4. duncan says:

Sorry, this posts lists it at 220€ – or about 300$ CDN.
    According to the website, you missed a zero; it’s 22000€ or 30,001$ CDN. In words that’s “Thirty Thousand and One Dollars”

Looking at the Honda.ca website I see they have 4 out of 17 cars they sell that cost more than this skull art.

• Quiet Wyatt says:

No, the BB post is correct.

The website lists the price as “220,00 €”. In Europe and the U.K., the custom is to use a comma where Americans use a decimal point. So the price is 220 Euros and no cents (or whatever Euros are subdivided into).

That’s still too much to play for a chunk of plastic that looks nothing like Andy Warhol.

5. vert says:

Honest… looks a hell of a lot more like John Pertwee.

@burritoflats re: “his actual hair”

He always wore wigs. Sometimes you could see a bit of his real hair sticking out underneath (like the picture Anon #3 linked to), but that trademark feathery and messy silver top wasn’t his hair at all.

Not to say that this looks *anything* like that aforementioned trademark look.

• burritoflats says:

“@burritoflats re: “his actual hair””

Good point, I suppose. Though you might be splitting hairs (poor wordplay I know)

Frankly if one wears a wig all the time, that wig automatically becomes apprehended (by others) as “one’s hair” (there are plenty of cruel examples in the celebrity world) – still, the dry and feathery wig(s) Warhol wore look nothing like the sculpted hair/wig in this sculpture, which was my main point.

6. burritoflats says:

I hate to be a party pooper, but I don’t recall ever seeing Andy Warhol’s hair looking like this in any photo. His hairy was always parted on his left side and the consistency of his actual hair was always very dry, unkempt and feathery – not styled close to the head and conditioned. I’d like to see the source material this hairstyle was based on, because this hair looks more like Kenny Rogers’ hair. Andy’s pink skull appears to be accurate, though

I think it looks more like Dr. Laura

here’s Warhol at the first sitting for this fine piece-o-art:

That looks more like Carol Channing’s wig than Andy’s.

10. bmcraec says:

New Cable Modem, 10X the speed. Yay! Now, the reason for the post—

It’s too bad that the creator wasn’t Jean-Paul Gaultier, becuase then it could be a bottle and hold cologne, or Maybe Dan Ackroyd would make s special edition skull vodka with this template.

Wacky what some people think is art, eh?