Rube Goldberg photobooth

12 Responses to “Rube Goldberg photobooth”

1. AngelsOnYrBody says:

I’m confused. A picture being taken is what starts it? What exactly is that tennis ball triggering at the end of the process?

• PacoBell says:

Seems to be a DSLR on a tripod.

• LeSinge says:

Actually, I think it’s a little confusing since it apparently takes a Polaroid at the beginning but they act like that’s the picture that got taken at the end (since there’s no shot of them posing above the Polaroid).

And by Polaroid I mean whatever similar Fuji tech they’re using.

2. arbitraryaardvark says:

working fine now, hmm.

Isn’t it tangentially to the point of a rube goldberg machine for there to be a reason to make one?

In fact, isn’t the idea of a rube goldberg machine antithetical to the idea of needing to get something done?

Disappointed at the multiple takes. A true chain reaction looks so much better that way.

5. JustaddH3o says:

What’s the point of a rube goldberg video that has a bunch of cuts in it……………..

All you people complaining need to calm your tits.

This was cool and creative. I enjoyed watching it! :) Good job, guys!

7. burritoflats says:

I’d like to lodge an unofficial complaint on behalf of the family of Rube Goldberg and the Rube Goldberg Trust in protest of the over-use and mis-use of the phrase “Rube Goldberg-like”

Things that knock over other things in an unusual series are not always Rube Goldberg-inspired. Rube Goldberg was an artist and a visual inventor. To apply his name to things like this is a bit of an insult to his comic creations. This post is completely un-Rube Goldberg-like. Thanks!

There will be no calming of my tits! Editing a Rube Goldberg machine is like a magician telling the audience to close their eyes while performing a trick and then opening them to see the result.

9. arbitraryaardvark says:

there’s a glitch where on the main blog the video that shows is the yuri garagin one, although once you click it and get to the post itself it changes to the goldberg device. maybe it’s just my new browser.