PUPPY v YPPUP

23 Responses to “PUPPY v YPPUP”

1. Blaine says:

Whenever I see something like this, I always pretend the animal has an internal monolog from a bad kung-fu movie..

“When I attack with my left, he counters with his right. When I spring forward he’s there to block!
    He’s anticipating my every move!!”

2. DaveP says:

My dog used to interact with his reflection when he was a puppy, but then grew out of it. I had assumed that he recognized that it was just a reflection. However, I’ve read that only a few species (humans, dolphins, apes, and some birds) can actually understand the concept of a reflection. So what does he think is behind there? Do dogs just learn to ignore the scent-less dog that lives behind the glass window?

Good that it getting this out of its system now before it grows up and it’s DOG vs …

4. Mark Dow says:

Looks like an yqquq to me.

Even HE knows better than to pray for rain.

6. Snig says:

My cat looks at me when I’m playing video games. He pities me cause I imagine there’s another entity inside the glass who I’m interacting with.

7. drukqs says:

1. Self-aware puppies.
    2. World domination.

I for one welcome our new yppup overlords.

8. chgoliz says:

The real question is, is he pretending to be Harpo, or Lucy?

9. tamgoddess says:

The puppy is not attacking, it is playing. The head down and tail wagging are your clues. Further evidence is the whining. If the puppy were attacking, it would bark, growl and bare its teeth.

I gave our kids’ reflections names when they were about a year old. Their names backwards. I wanted to see when they realized their reflection wasn’t a real person, but their image reversed.

About 30 seconds. Tops.

But to this day they still refer to their reflections by the reverse name. “Rednax” instead of “My reflection.”

11. gnp says:

Though not anywhere near as cute, I’m mildly amused by this video of a horse trying to figure out her reflection. Horses try to initiate social contact by touching noses and inhaling/exhaling, so not only can she not smell the other horse, when she moves slightly to the right, the other horse seems to suddenly vanish. At about the 1:56 mark (and again at 4:08) she decides to walk very deliberately around to the other side of the vehicle, only that doesn’t work either. Poor thing.

I would have enjoyed this headline 101% more if it were “puppy v yppup”. But I am sad like that.

13. Local-Man says:

That was incredible! Does anyone know where I can find a video of a cat doing something amazing?

“He’s on to my every move!”

1. The cuteness, oh my god, the cuteness

2. I love how he stops to scratch himself in the middle of the “confrontation.” Non-human animals are so much more honest about their priorities.

16. Jack says:

Maybe puppy is upset that yppup went back in time and their mutual mother fell in love with yppup? Or maybe yppup killed their grandmother?

All these time travel conundrums are kind of sexist, right?

17. coaxial says:

Well at least it’s not a damn cat.

I like animal bcz they are innocent

19. Antinous / Moderator says:

If you want to leach the cute right out of your brain, here’s a cat in a vicious fight with his own legs.

In before, “Oh, that poor cat is mentally ill. You people should be ashamed of yourselves for laughing at him.”

• Gilbert Wham says:

That is Looney Tunes, weapons-grade funny. And I thought our cat was an idiot (well, to be fair, it is). Hilarious.

20. social_maladroit says:

Poor dog. Cute, but doesn’t have two brain cells to rub together.